The thing that I love most about this recipe is that it’s all about whatever you have that needs using. I have made it at least 10 different ways. This is one of the versions that I make.
- Small bunch of herbs – I had a couple of leaves of sage, paisley, oregano, thyme and basil from the garden. You can use any or all of these. However if using basil don’t add until the very end and just quickly stir through.
- Small amount of chilli sauce (- can use chilli oil, sauce, fresh chilli or preserved. If using fresh saute in pan first.)
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
Optional – garlic and onion. – I add these if I have the time to chop them up, otherwise its yum with out.
- If using garlic and onion, saute in a pot over medium heat.
- Add herbs to pot and let soften
- Add tinned tomatoes, chilli sauce, sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat over medium heat until desired thickness and tomatoes have softened and broken apart (roughly 10 mins).
- Taste the soup and tweek to taste.
Too acidic – add more sugar.
too chilli – more sugar
- Serve in a bowl with, bread or crackers.